This picture raises so many questions.
- What kind of fires could there possibly be to extinguish under the sea
- Why is he wearing suspenders? Are they holding up his fish tail?
- If so, what exactly is under the fish tail?
- Does his little necklace say ‘mom’? Why does his little necklace say ‘mom’?
- Who’s the target audience for firefighting merman christmas tree ornaments?
1. Haven’t you seen Hunt for the Red October? UNDERWATER FIRES CLAIM HALF A DOZEN LIVES EVERY TIME THEY MAKE A SUBMARINE FILM
2. If his fish tail were to slide off, it would reveal an eldritch casserole of nautical horrors. While this ornament is clearly trading on some sort of sexy fishman appeal, nobody wants to see his genitals. Nobody.
3. Scary fish person danglies
4. I think the necklace says “hot”? Which I guess would fit in with the whole “also he is a firefighter” thing, you know, fire is hot, his scales are all warm colors, the firehose is probably supposed to be an analogue for his dong. But the the analogue lies. His dong is much worse.
5. Horrible, scary people.
Perfectly logical answers to perfectly insane questions.
I’ve seen this in a Wicks N Sticks and considered buying one for my friend’s parents.
The thing I was working on.
I wanted to practice inking, so that was the only part I really put a lot of effort into. I may go back and do some better coloring later. Probably when I don’t have work early in the morning.
Character belongs to KirbyVolt
I hate when drawing makes me really fucking angry. God, all I’ve been trying to draw is this god damn head at a different angle, and I can’t get it right or find a decent reference.
And I’m so pissed that I want to break something.
Inspired by every student whose told they can’t be an artist because it doesn’t “make enough money”.
Fuck this mind set fuck it fuck it, rent, bills, food, transportation, clothing, HEALTH, these are all things that everyone must deal with and just prancing through your life REFUSING to settle for a job that will provide money for BASIC NEEDS is classist, ableist, and just plain idealistic and uninformed.
You can’t just open a fucking yarn shop out of nowhere and expect to do well and be able to provide healthcare for yourself, security for yourself, and don’t even get me started on EMPLOYEES that will be depending on YOU to provide their income.
I hate this idea that you can just float through life and get away with doing something you can enjoy because otherwise EVERYONE would be doing that.
Mmnnyeah, it’s a little hard to get creative when you have no reliable means of generating income to provide you with things you NEED like, uh, food. It’s this something called, uh… oh, yeah. The Hierarchy of Needs. Look it the fuck up, you crotch clown.
Did anyone else see the cell with the hospital bed and think OMG ARE YOU REALLY TALKING ABOUT HOW THEIR PARENTS ARE GOING TO DIE EVENTUALLY?
Believe it or not, there is a middle ground here. It’s having a day job, and spending your free time doing the things you love. Most authors, freelance artists, fortune tellers, people with etsy shops, etc. have day jobs.
So yeah. Work and pay your bills, but when you have spare time, spend it doing the things you want to do with your life. You just have to organize your time and money and remember not to go overboard.